Raffles American School is a learning community that empowers students to achieve their academic and life potential. RAS serves students Pre-K-12. Our rigorous and rich academic and co-curricular programs encourage student growth through a learning outcome approach, acknowledging multiple types of intelligence and paths to learning. We facilitate student success through collaboration with parents, a balanced focus on intellectual, emotional, physical, and social progress, and a profound belief that all students can learn.
It is our expectation that all students in all classes at all grade levels will actively demonstrate the RAS Learning Outcomes of:
Problem Solving / Thinking Skills
- Think analytically, strategically, critically, creatively, independently and collaboratively. Question themselves, others and ideas, objectively and reflectively.
- Take responsible risks and approach problems with creativity and perseverance.
- Problem solve through acquisition, integration and successful application of content / learning.
- Apply knowledge to real life situations.
Organization / Research Skills
- Efficiently allocate their time and energy towards prioritized tasks.
- Create finished products showing a high degree of content understanding, neatness, quality and precision.
- Use appropriate technologies, resources and strategies to gain access to relevant information.
- Logically organize information using appropriate strategies and tools.
- Communicate effectively as listeners, speakers, readers and writers through auditory, visual, physical or digital means to a range of audiences for a range for purposes.
- Demonstrate collaborative communication skills.
- Display appropriate presentation skills.
- Demonstrate compassion, honesty and integrity in dealing with others.
- Show tolerance, understanding, empathy and respect for other people and cultures within the school and larger community.
- Make appropriate choices to maintain physical and emotional health.
- Show responsibility, adaptability, perseverance and initiative.
- Work effectively in group situations.